Miranda Markham | Freelance Writer | London, UK
If you’re looking for help to tell your story, you’re in the right place.
I’m Miranda and I am a freelance writer, based in London. With more than a decade of writing experience, I help companies and charities to write perfectly crafted copy that people actually want to read. Whether that’s content for your website, a newsletter or a longer feature story, I write concise and engaging copy that is perfectly tailored to your audience.
My passion has always been writing. I started my career as a journalist for my hometown newspaper, leading the Sports Department and writing news stories on everything from human interest to crime. One of my proudest moments was writing the discovery story of Jessica Stam, now an internationally recognised supermodel, who was born in my hometown of Kincardine, Canada.
For the last 6 years I have been writing an award-winning running blog which was shortlisted for Best Blog in the 2019 Running Awards for the third year in a row.
I have also worked as a Technical Writer, Communications Specialist and Social Media Content Strategist, each job underpinned by a love of the written word.
By day, I am the Head of Industry at a London-based public relations agency specialising in health and fitness where I work with a variety of brands in fitness, sports, wellness and active travel.
What I can do for you:
- Journalism – I can write and conduct interviews for a variety of industry or consumer titles. If you have a story you want to tell or an interview you need written, you’re in the right place.
- SEO Content –If your business can’t be discovered by search engines, you are not going to attract the traffic you need to succeed. I can help write content that gets Google’s attention.
- Ghostwriting – As a PR professional, I am a skilled ghostwriter, capable of adopting your tone of voice and creating original content to save you time and effort to tell your story.
- Blog writing – A blog can be an amazing asset for your brand or business, but if it’s not regularly maintained, you’re not reaping the benefits. I can help with idea generation, copywriting and publishing. And in a pinch, I can also help with some original photography.
- How to Maximise Downtime and Boost Gym Revenue
- How Group Exercise Instructors Impact Your Bottom Line
- Why it is Critical to Invest in Employee Training and Development
- How to Build and Maintain a Great Team Culture
- Education Business Magazine: Physical Activity is Not Just About Sport
- Health Club Management: Retail Revenue
- Health Club Management: Monitoring Group Exercise
- Fitness Matters Magazine: GPs + PTs
- Fitness Matters Magazine: Maximise Marketing
- Ukactive blog: Swimming: More Than Just a Life Saving Skill
- Ukactive blog: Why Exercise is Critical To Combat Poor Mental Health
- The Problem with Iron Girl 5K
- How to Measure the Value of PR
- The Rise of AI Influencers and What it Means for Marketing
- Five Office Design Tips to Make Your Brand Stand Out
I price each project on a case-by-case basis. I will always be transparent about the cost and provide a detailed estimate before starting the work.
Get in touch and tell me what you’re looking for and we can take it from there.