I know you probably want to hear about the marathon walk that I finished this morning, but first, a more important update: today is my blog’s 5th birthday! A milestone!
A lot has been happening on this blog in the last five years:
- I’ve written 318 blog posts, with more than 1,100 comments!
- That’s approximately 160,000 words about running, triathlon and other random fitness adventures
- I’ve run more than 40 races and written about every one of them
- I have run in more than 10 different countries
- I won my first award: Best Running Blog in the Trespass Blog Awards. I was also one of the shortlisted blogs in The Running Awards.
- And, despite the fact that this is predominantly a blog about running, my most popular post in the last five years is the one I wrote about completing the 30 day ab challenge!
I couldn’t have done any of this without my many wonderful readers. Sometimes, I get a bit depressed about the stats. It can seem that I spend countless hours writing and taking photos for this blog and no one is reading it. But other times, I remember that this blog has afforded me a lot of really amazing opportunities, including my most recent collaboration with Nevisport. And actually, this blog is responsible for facilitating the introduction that lead to my current job as Head of Industry at Action PR.
It started as means to get free shoes. But over the last five years, this blog has become so much more.
To celebrate this major blogging milestone, I am having a giveaway! After all, what would a birthday be without presents?
Up for grabs is a very exciting race bibfolio from a company called Gone for a Run. Rather than throw away all your race bibs, you can now store them in this attractive bibfolio that displays your treasured bibs like photographs. It makes a great conversation piece.
There are TWO ways to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post. It doesn’t need to say anything specific. If you’re stuck for a comment, may I suggest, “Happy Birthday!”
- Tweet @MirandaMac and use the hashtag #thoughtsandpavement
The contest will run for one week ending on Sunday, 1 October. I’ll do a random draw of all entries and announce the winner on this blog post, Twitter and Instagram on 2 October. Also, because I’m nice, I’ll ship the prize anywhere in the world, accommodating my many international readers.
The bibfolio is new and comes with a stand and 14 plastic sleeves which can hold a total of 28 race bibs. It is the same design as the one pictured here but without the name “Miranda” on the front (because that would be weird). Sadly, race bibs are not included. Total value is $39.99.
Thanks for reading all 160,000 words of my writing over the last five years. Happy birthday Thoughts and Pavement!
UPDATE (3 October, 2017): Congratulations to Donato, the winner of the race bibFOLIO! I’ll be sending out your prize this week! Thanks for reading and hope you love your new bibFOLIO as much as I love mine!!