I was lacking for inspiration for a blog post last week. This doesn’t happen often, but I just didn’t feel like writing. I’m not training for anything in particular and my running has been average but sporadic. But then, like a gift from the blogging gods, Keith who writes a blog called My Instruction Manual, nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Keith is actually my former boss from when we both used to work at a large telecommunications company in Canada. I learned a lot of what I currently know about social media from Keith and I’m an avid reader of his blog. Not only is he an excellent writer, he recently had a pretty life-changing experience when his sister gave him her kidney earlier this year. With this second chance at life, Keith has started his blog as a platform for his exploration of how to be happier, healthier and more inspired.
A big thank you to Keith for the nomination, and definitely check out his blog if you are looking for some great, inspiring reading.
The rules of the One Lovely Blog Award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you (Check!)
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them of the nomination
So… here we go.
7 Facts about Me
- I got married in 2013 on a beach in Jamaica. With 90 (yes, 90!) of our friends and family, my husband Graham and I tied the knot on a perfect white, sandy beach. That was the first and only time we have ever been to Jamaica, though I do hope to go back one day. Sadly, the resort declined my suggestion that they should offer us an annual anniversary discount.
- In 2015, Graham and I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. It was an epic, amazing, challenging and wonderful adventure and remains among my proudest accomplishments. You can read a recap about it here, or my full, detailed day-by-day journal here.
- My hair is naturally blonde. Sharing this trait with just 2% of the global population, people are often astounded when I tell them I don’t dye my hair. While it is slightly darkening with age, I hope to be a blondie for life.
- I started my career working in the Tech industry. I landed a job as a Technical Writer at BlackBerry / Research in Motion, which lead me to spend the first part of my career in tech and telecommunications. I have now made my way into the world of PR, currently working for a London-based agency that specialises in health and fitness.
- I used to be a chronic nail-biter. I’d bite my nails until they were teeny bleeding stumps. One day, I just decided to stop. I told everyone I knew, and somehow just stuck to it. I rewarded myself with my first manicure and have probably spent thousands on nail maintenance since then.
- I’m an only child. There are pros and cons to this. I am fiercely independent as a result, but I can also be accidentally selfish sometimes too. While I now have a lovely brother and sister-in-law, I do often feel a bit left out on National Sibling Day.
- I love a well-made bed. I make my bed every single morning with hotel-like precision and I get annoyed when my husband naps on it and messes up my pillow arrangement. I even make the bed when I stay in a hotel.
If you want to read more facts about me, check out my post on 10 Random Facts About Me and Running.
My 15 nominees from both the running community and beyond. Some I know, some I just like to read.
- Gemma Hockett, Marathon Girl
- The Runner Beans
- April Cunningham: Writer, Runner, Mom – This is my dear friend who lives in Canada and she’s about to have TWINS! She’s a great writer and wonderful human.
- Teacups and Trainers
- Jamie Ramsay – This guy is amazing and ran 17,000km unsupported from Vancouver to Buenos Aires!
- The Flourishing Pantry
- Mae’s Miles and Music
- From the Tiny Flat
- Run My Silk Road
- Girl on the River
- Trail Running Man – He’s run over 100 marathons and I’ll soon be walking a marathon with this guy! Stay tuned…
- Phil M Runs
- Mark Gal Mac: The Most Irritating Runner in Scotland
- The T-Rex Runner
Thanks again to Keith for the nomination and inspiration!