I keep a list on the desktop of computer of blog post topics. Every time something pops into my head, I write it there, with the intention that I will someday write a post on it. I realized the other day that there are many weird and wonderful things on this list, and to be honest, none of them are worthy of their own post. Instead, I decided I’d round them up in a fun list of random facts about me and running.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- When I was 17, I had surgery on my left foot to remove a bunion. I was told that my bunion was so bad, that if I didn’t get it operated on, I wouldn’t be able to walk by the time I was 30. Look at me now! 33 and about to do my second marathon! In your face, bunion!
2. Whenever I see a cat while running, I always stop to pet it. I love cats. It doesn’t matter if I’m in the middle of an interval, I will always stop to say hello.
3. My running gear is almost exclusively Nike and I have never run a race in another brand of shoe in my life.
4. I still can’t sleep the night before a big race. I toss and turn and I have anxiety nightmares about my alarm not going off.
5. I hate the way I look in nearly every running photo.
6. I have never run so hard that I’ve thrown up…
7. …BUT, I have done one beer mile. I did throw up. I think it was fun, but I can’t really remember.
8. I don’t see well in the dark so I used to avoid running in the early mornings or evenings because it scared me. I do a lot of running in the dark these days. It still scares me, but I’m getting over it.
9. Movies about running make me cry. I just watched Race and literally bawled my eyes out. I had to watch cute pig videos on YouTube for a while after until I got it together.
10. I mainly listen to 80s music while I run. I just can’t get enough Pat Benatar. The song All Fired Up is everything.
That was fun!