Last week marked the two year anniversary of Thoughts & Pavement. I missed the actual date as I was on an epic vacation in the Galapagos Islands frolicking with giant tortoises and playing with sea lions. I thought about trying to update the blog from there, but the WiFi was not ideal. I did think about it though and gave a silent hat tip to this two year old hobby that has brought me a lot of enjoyment.
To date, I’ve written 136 posts and managed to amass close to 200 followers. Thank you! That number still impresses me and I am continually happy and humbled at the wonderful people that regularly read my posts and share their encouragement and tips. In fact, as an early birthday present, I recently reached my 500th blog comment on my post about my non-existent half marathon training plan.
For fun, here are some interesting Thoughts & Pavement facts:
- Most viewed post in a single day: The Benefits of Heart rate training.
- Top 2 most popular posts: The Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths and the Best Electrolyte Drinks for Runners.
- Most commented on post: My recap of my first marathon in October 2013.
- Top views by country: Canada (duh), United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Germany. I’ve also had one lone pageview from Guam. They were probably lost.
- Most festive post: Festive Themed Running Gear. This post always makes an appearance in the top five around the holidays. And yes, I have the shirt shown in this post.
Thoughts & Pavement has come a long way since that intro post in 2012. When I started, I worried that I would run out of things to talk about. How much can one person possibly have to say about running and training? But two years later, I’m still discovering new things and coming up with new topics, and the best part is, this blog motivates me to run. I need to, or I’ll have no new material!
Happy birthday Thoughts & Pavement! Cheers to many more years of running and blogging.